Mechanic at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Pay starts at $22.78
Fleet maintenance done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know you’re more than a mechanic. With us, you’ll have a starring role on our team, providing the expertise that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. Using your strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, you’ll have the latest tools and equipment to do your best work.
If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive wages and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. Mechanics at XPO are also eligible for quarterly awards and other forms of recognition.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA and other rules and regulations
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that enhance XPO Logistics’ productivity
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations (trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventative maintenance for tractor mechanics preferred)
- Ability to obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- Basic welding skills desired (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG, and ARC)
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Supply own mechanic hand tools required for tractor/trailer repairs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air-conditioning systems
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.