Database Administrator at Great Lakes Cheese
Posted in Consultant 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hiram, Ohio
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies for production and distribution – and by setting high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation’s retailers and food service operations with nine strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese’s success hinges on the dedication and professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization. Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and tuition reimbursement.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for application and database design, development, monitoring, and support for manufacturing systems across the organization.
- Application and database design, development, monitoring, and support for manufacturing systems, including shop floor systems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system related issues, identify, evaluate and develop system solutions, provide proactive as system monitoring and support, and resolve issues while minimizing impact to operations.
- Design and implement manufacturing systems in a SQL Server environment.
- Develop & support programs in a VB.Net environment.
- Define functional requirements for manufacturing systems with automation control specialists.
- Consult with Maintenance and Operations teams to address issues.
- Proactively monitor shop floor systems and address system issues to ensure maximum system functionality.
- Participate in and lead the deployment of existing and new systems in manufacturing.
- Develop parameters for data extraction, transformation, conversion, and loading in SQL Server environments.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Four years of experience applying computer systems analysis concepts in a database system.
Experience must include at least three years of each of the following: Microsoft SQL Server (Disaster Recovery Planning; Backup Strategies and High Availability solutions implementation); and Business Intelligence; and at least one year of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.