Major - Shift Commander at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
TITLE: Major - Shift Commander
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
DURATION: Full Time
TRAVEL: Up to 100%
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 1:00pm - 9:00pm
MVM, Inc. is seeking a qualified Major (Shift Commander), the qualified candidate will be responsible for establishing, implementing, coordinating, developing, monitoring and managing plans, procedures and processes that would improve and enhance the overall operations, programs and services associated with routine security operations at NIH. The Major ensures all post orders are strictly adhered to. The Major conducts random, unannounced inspections of Client sites. Provides support for the on-site Security Officers, as well being the communicator of policies and procedures between the office and the security supervisors.
- Directly supervises Captains and Lieutenants and indirectly supervises security personnel on the Major’s assigned shift.
- At all locations where MVM security personnel are assigned on the NIH campus and at off-campus locations, ensure that NIH property and its occupants are adequately protected against harm or loss.
- Ensure that the security program is effectively and efficiently supervised by the Captains and Lieutenants
- Ensure that the Captains and Lieutenants are adequately trained and exercise effective and efficient leadership skills in dealing with their subordinates.
- Ensure that each Captain and Lieutenant is sufficiently trained in and knowledgeable of appropriate response strategies to any emergency that could seriously threaten loss of life, injury or damage to the property of NIH.
- Coordinates corrective and/or maintenance follow-up activities identified by the Lieutenants and Captains.
- Analyzes physical protection strategies, assignments, and posts to ensure work is cost effective and necessary and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions where appropriate.
- Develops in-service training and communication programs for security personnel to ensure staff is both knowledgeable and productive.
- Guides, assists, monitors, and counsels the Captains and Lieutenants to ensure they’re motivated, creative, and effective leaders of their subordinates.
- Minimum of two years of college with at least on quarter of the credits in Security Administration/Management, Criminal Justice or Criminal Administration, or Industrial Safety, or any combination thereof is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor in the security/law-enforcement/military field whose duties and responsibilities included security and safety (including fire) training, initiating disciplinary actions and preparing written reports and documents.
- Must be 21 years of age (may be waived for military personnel);
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Demonstrable working knowledge of supervisory and managerial principles;
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision and direction
- Able to use and work on MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to schedule personnel (preferred)
Applicants selected may be subject to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.