Seasonal Yard Truck Driver / 1st and 2nd Shift - Poland, ME at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Poland, Maine
Job ID: 131043
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
As an Oldcastle Yard Truck Driver, you will be loading and moving materials within the yard for a mulch and soil manufacturer. High activity, will require availability to work overtime hours as needed. Fast –paced operation.
Essential Skills and Expertise
- Job requires a great deal of responsibility as you will need to accurately select and stage trailers for loading and transport as well as maneuver trailers in and out of tight spaces
- Perform routine pre & post trip inspections on vehicles and trailers to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel, and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training
- Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test & observed road test
- Check all load-related documentation (logs & records) for completeness and accuracy
- Will use forklift and truck to move equipment and product around the yard
- Experience with dual axel yard trucks and full trailers
- Physically fit to climb & perform
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively with dispatch, Scale House, and shipping departments
- Ability to work independently
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.