PGIM Real Estate - Executive Director, Assistant Portfolio Manager at Prudential
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $69.0 billion ($50.5 billion net) as of September 30, 2017.
PGIM Real Estate's tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate equity, debt and securities investment strategies that span the risk/return spectrum.
PGIM Real Estate Finance is one of the nation's leading providers of commercial mortgages for multifamily, retail, office, industrial, and hotel properties. It offers one of the most comprehensive lines of real estate finance products including fixed-rate, floating-rate and bridge loans; Fannie Mae DUS™, Freddie Mac and FHA insured; and affordable housing financing. Prudential is structured to provide clients with one source for all commercial mortgage financing and servicing needs, giving the firm a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
PGIM Real Estate Debt Strategies (PREDS) is the collaborative venture between PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance. The PREDS business is responsible for investment and portfolio management of non-core and high-yield commercial real estate debt products through funds and separately managed accounts. PREDS’ investments may include whole loans, mezzanine loans, B-Notes and preferred equity across a spectrum of underlying real estate risk and sponsor strategies. Transaction types include recapitalizations, refinancing’s, repositionings, acquisitions and development/heavy transition. PREDS focuses on the non-core debt markets in the Americas, by leveraging both its investment track record and its affiliated US debt and equity origination platforms, as well as working in partnership with other business units within PGIM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
PGIM is searching for an Assistant Portfolio Manager for their PREDS platform. This role will report to the PREDS Senior Portfolio Manager with specific duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Assist in the development of investment strategies and guidelines suitable to meeting fund objectives.
- Analyze investment results and portfolio performance in relation to portfolio objectives.
- Assist with oversight of financial and investment performance reporting processes as well as day-to-day management of a rapidly growing open-end fund.
- Primary liaison to the Investment Risk and Operational Risk teams.
- Support the development and execution of portfolio leverage strategies.
Client Relationship Management & Business Development
- Partner with the business development team on developing and maintaining relationships with consultants and clients.
- Assist in new fund-raising efforts; represent the PREDS portfolio management team in meetings with current and prospective clients.
- Assist in developing messaging for client reports; perform client presentations detailing portfolio activity and results.
- Assist in responding to client and consultant requests, RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, and due diligence meetings.
Transactions and Asset Management
- Day-to-day management of assets and portfolios; work closely with a portfolio analytics professional to assess performance metrics and support the portfolio decision process.
- Preparation of materials used in the investment approval process and participation in presentations to the Investment Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance or real estate. Master’s Degree with an emphasis on finance, economics or real estate, preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years experience in commercial real estate debt, with an emphasis on sourcing, structuring and/or investing in US high-yield real estate debt transactions.
- Prior experience in risk management, portfolio construction and diversification, and asset management with respect to real estate debt investments.
- Demonstrated understanding of investor relations, capital raising, marketing, financial reporting, legal/regulatory compliance, and fund/deal structuring.
- Broad knowledge of real estate markets and product types along with significant experience in areas of financial analysis, economics and risk/rewards involved in various types of real estate transactions.
- Understanding of portfolio goals and how specific investments contribute to portfolio performance.
- Knowledge of fund accounting and portfolio/financial reporting
- High standard of moral and ethical judgment and behavior.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain key relationships with clients and consultants.
- Ability to lead and inspire team members.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.