CDL B Route Driver (No OTR) - Miami, FL at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Job ID: 131060
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for a CDL B Route Driver for our Miami, FL location. This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles; either tractor/trailers or straight trucks. This position allows you to be home every night.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Day to day activities can consist of:
- Handling and loading/unloading glass and/or metal products, load securement, daily pre and post trip of vehicles, multiple deliveries,
and customer service
- Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes,
and truck mounted forklifts
- Obtain signatures and payments by cash or checks
- Load and unload truck with customer glass
- Maintain safe operation and clean personal appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Maintain truck and driving records by recording tracking information, completing driver log, and truck performance forms
- Perform other duties as assigned
Driving Related Requirements
- At least 21 years old
- Possess a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- At least two (2) years of verifiable class A or B, incident-free driving experience
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured to the vehicle
- Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records
- By reason of experience, training, or both, safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of handheld scanners and electronic logging devices
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated by the company standards document
- Able to read and understand work orders, shipping documents, labels and general production documents
- Understand units of measurement and perform general mathematical equations
- Read and use a tape measure
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends
- Must speak, read, and understand English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Previous shop floor or factory/warehouse experience highly desirable, but we will train the right individual
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.