Material Technician - Napoleon, OH at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Napoleon, Ohio
Job ID: 126305
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES) has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Job Description Summary
Ensures machines receive the appropriate amount, blend, and type of raw materials and components for the production of OES molded products.
- Weighs or measures raw materials to ensure an accurate material blend in accordance with product specifications
- Operates and monitors material blenders and quickly identifies and communicates problems to a supervisor
- Cleans blenders for material changeovers
- Transfers raw material and product components between work areas and ensures each machine receives the appropriate amount to complete production targets
- Examines finished product for adherence to quality standards and adjusts material blends as instructed by the process technician or production specifications
- Conducts routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of material blenders and vacuum units to ensure machine functionality
- Supplies machines with sufficient materials and communicates critical material and production information to incoming personnel
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including removal of empty boxes and banding and moving finished product as required
- Addresses material flow issues by unclogging or replacing material hoses to ensure all machines receive the appropriate amount of material
- Reviews and follows Visual Operating Procedures (VOPs) for standard tasks.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience with a forklift or powered hand jack preferred
- Prior experience with raw material handling in a manufacturing environment is desirable
Forklift or Hand jack Certification (provided by OES)
Lockout/Tagout authorization (provided by OES)
Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools
- This job involves the following physical demands: Walking, climbing stairs/ladders, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, and using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- Lifting requirements are generally up to 40 pounds maximum
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures can range from cool to hot and noise level can be moderate to high
- Job responsibilities involve occasional use of cleaning chemicals, hand tools, and power tools
- Job responsibilities involve some work outside in all weather conditions
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.