Copywriter at Verinata Health, Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We are in the process of growing our busy, internal agency and are seeking a highly creative copywriter. In this role, you will develop big ideas and translate them to high impact and effective campaign concepts and copy for integrated campaigns and marketing deliverables across all channels. You will ensure messaging aligns with brand standards and is delivered with quality, clarity, and accuracy.
All About You
- Write creative, powerful and persuasive copy for integrated campaigns and marketing deliverables across all channels (print, digital, and multimedia/videos)
- Work closely and collaboratively with creative and content teams to brainstorm, concept and execute on deliverables
- Work with product marketing teams to understand customer segments, go-to-market strategies, unique selling proposition, customer research, and competitive advantages to create compelling campaigns and messaging that persuasively convey the value of Illumina products and delivers against marketing objectives
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction for internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate and translate complex scientific and clinical data into clear, concise, and compelling message to the target audience
- Support the adoption of best practices for effective concept and messaging development and measurement
- Help to maintain brand standards and ensure all messaging and communication are aligned
- Ensure compliance of content with Medical/Legal/Regulatory guidelines
- Work within a marketing resource management system to ensure project visibility and efficiency of workflow
- Leverage Acrolinx system (content quality management system) and work with designated external proofreaders to ensure consistency and excellence in messaging execution
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- 4+ years of creative copywriting in an advertising agency or in-house corporate creative team setting
- Exceptional ability to write powerful and inspiring copy for integrated, multi-channel campaign tactics
- Strong brainstorming and concepting expertise
- Strong strategic thinking with a focus on being solutions oriented
- Strong presentation skills to pitch, articulate and rationalize creative strategies, concepts and campaigns
- Digital sample of current portfolio showcasing strong conceptual thinking and multi-channel campaign work
- Strong interpersonal skills with preference to work collaboratively as a team and develop good working relationships, but can successfully work independently to achieve results
- Ability to work within brand guidelines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in life science, medical marketing, or healthcare industry a plus
- B.A. or above in English, Communications, Journalism, or other relevant major
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf