Dispatcher - Lakewood, CO at MVM
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
LOCATION: Lakewood, CO
SCHEDULE: Must be flexible to work holidays, nights and weekends. Shift work.
The MegaCenter Dispatcher will gather essential information from callers and dispatch the appropriate first responders to the sites. This includes answering emergency and non-emergency calls and providing communication support services for fire, police, emergency and other related services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system including a system for the hearing impaired and deaf.
- Perform crisis intervention and ask questions to interpret and analyze the caller’s situation to resolve problems or refer them to other agencies.
- Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the information into a computer dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes.
- Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency calls.
- Monitor the computer equipment and radio console.
- Respond to a variety of alarms and technical systems.
- Provides first aid or CPR instructions to stabilize the condition of persons until medial assistance arrives.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass a spoken/written English proficiency test.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a public safety center.
- Knowledge of safety and security related to emergency communications and special response plans.
- Ability to actively listen and communicate through hearing and clear speech.
- Ability to use reasoning and logic to reach conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player who can develop and maintain professional relationships with fellow supervisors, co-workers and representatives from other departments.
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A Favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.