Paid Summer Design Internship at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Commerce, California
Perry Ellis International, NASDAQ (PERY), holds an extensive portfolio of owned and licensed nationally and internationally recognized brands ranging from casual sportswear lines including Original Penguin and Laundry by Shelli Segal to functional sports apparel categories catering to the athlete needs in sports like Golf and Swim. We are currently looking for an Intern with a focus on Fashion Design that will support our team based in Commerce, California.
- Learn the design process from initial concept, fabric selection, trend research, etc. to final garment.
- Creating sketch review boards to present to the Brand President.
- CADing prints, sending out placement, and working directly with the CAD team.
- Creating and managing linesheets for multiple season.
- Attending fittings to understand the technical aspects of a garment and how to effectively communicate with our Tech Team.
- Working on embellishment, embroidery, and other creative layouts that add to the Laundry aesthetic.
- Effectively communicate with overseas vendors.
- Learn how to use Web PLM as it relates to design as well as a product development portion (i.e. Building BOM's).
- Currently in school with a Fashion Design major.
The intern will research and design a small Laundry Sportswear assortment (10-15 styles), which will coincide with our current design calendar. Throughout the 10-week internship, the Intern will learn the design process from initial concept & research, fabric selection, sketches review, print engineering, computer CADing and design card process. The Intern will learn to design styles that speak to the Laundry aesthetic and our target customer, all while maintaining a target price point. At the end of the 10 weeks, the intern will present the project to Design, Merchandising & the Brand President.
The Assortment the intern will design into will consist of:
- 2 dresses (1 knit, 1 woven)
- 3 bottoms (1 knit, 1 denim, 1 woven)
- 4 tops (2 knit, 2 woven)
- 3 jackets/outwear pieces (1 casual, 1 wear to work, 1 coat or true active)
- 3 additional items of their choice depending on the season (sweaters, active, etc.)
Within this capsule, the following elements should be applied to various categories to present a well-balanced delivery. Print, Embellishment Technique: heatset / embroidery / lasercut / beading, and hardware. It is important that the Intern address trend, apply best seller information, and present his/her ideas and sketches in a clear format to the Brand President. If any of the designs are liked by the Senior Design Director, the Merchant team, and the President, the Intern will have the opportunity to have it added into the assortment and presented at market.
*Must be a current college student
*Paid Internship, 10 weeks, Monday-Thursday, June 25th to August 31st
See Job Description