Paid Summer Technical Design Internship at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Perry Ellis International, NASDAQ (PERY), holds an extensive portfolio of owned and licensed nationally and internationally recognized brands ranging from casual sportswear lines including Original Penguin and Laundry by Shelli Segal to functional sports apparel categories catering to the athlete needs in sports like Golf and Swim. We are currently looking for an Intern with a focus on Technical Design that will support our team based in Portland, Oregon.
- Learn the contents of a PEI PLM style package (tech pack) including the reason for each specification. Practice building tech packs.
- Gain an understanding of pattern making for various fabric types/contents, knits, wovens, etc.
- Observe various fit sessions throughout the product creation process.
- Work in the prototype/sample sew room to study cutting and sewing techniques.
- Assist in evaluating Fit samples, Size Set samples and Pre Production samples for fit, measurement and construction accuracy and quality.
- Basic pattern making knowledge
- Basic garment construction knowledge
- Adobe Illustrator training
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Dedicated team player
Give an oral presentation of the progress of one style through the entire technical product creation process along with physical examples of each step in the process.
*Must be a current college student
*Paid Internship, 10 weeks, Monday-Thursday, June 25th to August 31st
See Job Description