Driller (Drill Crew Chief) - New Orleans at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Ardaman & Associates, Inc. is one of the largest geotechnical, materials testing, and environmental engineering consulting firms in the Southeastern U.S. We are, by most definitions, a large regional engineering company. Over our history, we have worked on more than 100,000 projects throughout the Southeast, the U.S., and worldwide. This vast list of project experience includes services for virtually every type of public and private client associated with development and construction.
Ardaman has the following opportunity available:
Driller (Drill Crew Chief)
Lead crew and operate drilling rig to perform soil test borings and obtain accurate logs and soil samples for laboratory analysis and engineering evaluations. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding. The work is generally in South Louisiana but on occasion, projects could be located throughout the state as well as Mississippi and Texas.
- Knowledge in rotary wash drilling in soils ranging from heavy clays to sands and gravels
- Experience in geotechnical sampling procedures is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably operating drive drilling rigs (Ardco K-1000 or similar)
- Experience and mechanical skills in equipment maintenance and repairs
- Class A CDL license will be required
- Must be able to travel
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance plans, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, etc. for regular full-time and regular part-time positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.