Product Coordinator at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Original Penguin, a division of Perry Ellis International, is seeking a Product Coordinator to act as a liaison between Design/Merchandising and overseas partners. The Product Coordinator will support and drive the development process encompassing sample management, design aesthetic, quality, and calendar adherence.
- Owns product lifecycle from development through production by being the point person for styles in PLM, managing daily communication with overseas partners, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure product accuracy and adherence to calendar
- Reviews all styles packages for accuracy and completeness prior to release
- Monitors, schedules, tracks, and reports on all handloom/knit down/strike-off/protos
- Manages and maintains WIP reports for areas of focus to ensure all submittals and sales samples are progressing in a timely manner and communicates status to internal and external partners. Identifies and elevates potential delays to cross-functional partners.
- Partners closely with Merchandising, Design, Sourcing, and Technical Design, to ensure all design changes are reflected accurately in style packages. Clearly communicates revisions to overseas partners & facilitates updates in PLM.
- Maintains a development library per season with all submittals for area of responsibility
- Sends out fabric/trim qualities and color standards to overseas partners for development
- Submits sales sample Purchase Orders via PLM, approve sample costs, and organizes payment with AP department
- Operates with working knowledge of the development process and how it relates to the Product Development Timeline and business partners (Design, Merchandising, Production, Sales)
- Tracks and organize all proto and salesman samples and communicate risks accordingly
- Identify process improvements/development procedures and drives efficiencies
- Assists with special projects and deadlines as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 1-2 years of work experience in product development/production environment
- Basic understanding of apparel design, fabric qualities, and development process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of PLM a plus
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and set deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Detail oriented
See Job Description