Assistant Department Manager - Orote Commissary at Pinto International, Inc.
Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Santa Rita, GuamJob Description:
Pinto International, Inc.
The Assistant Department Manager is responsible for assisting all daily operations of the bakery and delicatessen department in the store. He/she is responsible for adding assistance to the department manager as needed, splitting duties, and/or acting as manager while manager is off-duty. These duties can include: ordering, pricing, sanitation, supervising employees, training of new employees, merchandising of the delicatessen case, gross profit, payroll, scheduling, and sales.
- Follows and implements all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains courteous and friendly customer relations.
- Achieves gross profit through proper department operations.
- Monitors and scans product labels.
- Monitors display case and display tables for proper merchandising of product.
- Follows opening and closing department procedures as documented.
- Monitors waste and shrink.
- Orders all merchandise and supplies.
- Receives and checks all deliveries for both condition and accurate quantity.
- Determines Manager's Specials consistent with quality and quantity. Keeps accurate records of all markdowns and losses.
- Is trained in making hot foods (including rotisserie chicken), party trays, sandwiches, cakes and baked products
- Inventory control; monthly physical inventory.
- Records and prepares weekly department information.
- With management's assistance, supports department promotions and department programs.
- Cooperates with all store personnel and store management team
- Schedules employees considering SPLH budget and daily sales plans.
- Maintains the training program for all employees.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Standing for long periods. Repetitive motion using hands, wrist and digits. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 30-50 pounds. May require trips to frozen and refrigerated areas to verify product that will expose employee to cold climate conditions.
- Must be able to work holidays, day / night / mid shifts and weekends INCLUDING Sundays