Research Director, Digital Strategy and Agency Services at IDC
Posted in Research 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Requisition Number 2018-1332
Functional Area Research
# of Openings 1
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is seeking a Research Director to lead coverage of the exciting Digital Strategy and Agency Services market. The individual is required to plan and execute a compelling research agenda, deliver quality subscription research and custom research projects, provide high levels of customer interaction, serve as a subject matter expert and provide thought leadership in the business consulting domain specifically related to the digital strategy and agency services market.
The individual is responsible for ensuring that the research agenda and custom projects are delivered on time, cost effectively, and with a high degree of quality. The individual is also responsible for providing vision and execution on the Business Consulting market generally and digital enterprise transformation including consulting addressing new business models, product, customer engagement strategies and internal operations enabled by emerging technologies specifically. As a result, the successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of business consulting practices and methodologies, business strategy development and the strategic implications and opportunities enabled by cloud, analytics, social, mobile and other fast emerging technologies such as Blockchain and IoT.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must enjoy communicating verbally and in written form about the future direction of business consulting, strategy consulting and the digital enterprise. The successful candidate will leverage insights garnered through a strong background in business consulting, market research and technology familiarity, as well the ability to leverage several forms of primary research, including formal surveys, in-depth interviews and accurate, and insightful interpretation of primary and secondary sources of information. The candidate must be an expedient writer, an excellent presenter, a strong communicator and have a passion for digital strategy, digital agency services, and the business consulting industry at large.
The candidate must also be comfortable in developing and/or maintaining market models and/or market segmentation to support the research agenda and related consulting projects and be comfortable numerically and statistically analyzing survey data in Excel and other platforms.
- Manage the entire process of Digital Strategy and Agency Services research efficiently and effectively
- Coordinate with different research teams to deliver internally consistent, coherent and high quality data and insights in a timely manner
- Ensure the syndicated products grow in terms of market mindshare and revenue targets
- Research focus will initially be on identifying and executing custom projects and revenue-producing research
- Research emphasis will transition to creating a sustainable research model with focus on high relevance resulting in expanding subscriber base and high renewal rates
- Positively contribute to team-, group-, and company-wide research initiatives
- Support marketing and sales activities by collaborating with sales executives on specific initiatives and ad-hoc engagement with prospects and clients
- Regular, documented communication and dialog with clients to assure their research requirements are met through subscription agenda and/or custom research projects
Human Resource Management Responsibilities
- Direct management of Senior Analyst covering Business Consulting Services.
- Indirect management, development, collaboration and support of analysts worldwide with similar or adjacent responsibilities
- Responsible for self-evaluation and ongoing improvement of individual performance, including establishing personal development goals and executing plans to achieve development milestones
- Actively support ongoing success and development of analyst colleagues and other staff through constructive formal and informal feedback and positive contribution to an effective, collegial and collaborative work environment
External Communication Responsibilities
- Actively increase visibility to clients, prospects, associations and related audiences through paid and unpaid speaking engagements, long-form or short-form writing, social media or other communication channels to expand personal, professional and IDC brand mindshare
- Respond to press inquiries and maintaining a network of press contacts
- Develop budget to reliably meet pre-determined financial objectives
- Participate in setting business targets and revenue goals
- Balanced emphasis on expense and revenue management
- Proven experience as a business consultant (3-5 years) (e.g. Deloitte, PwC, McKinsey, BCG, IBM, Accenture) or as a market analyst (7-10yrs) or in another research capacity in a closely related domain.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA/MA preferred
- Travel: 10-30% (international occasionally)
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.