Material Handler Laborer at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Winchester, VirginiaJob Description:
Perform range of duties in the receipt, stow, and issue of material. Ensure items being stowed or shipped meet requirements of regulations. Proficient use of supply systems and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per regulations. Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices and techniques under supervision of senior staff or management.
- Use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Read specifications, drawings, prints, schematics, and photographs.
- Load material on and off of skids, pallets, and stands.
- Prepare labels as required.
- Prepare reports relating to distribution functions.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to supply system and other automated systems in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned and holds appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags, and labels.
- Make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around Hazardous Material.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (May substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- Minimum three months general experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and an ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Obtain license to use Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
Obtain HAZMAT certification
MRPT Level Required
- Must be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation for an MRPT (Medium Risk Public Trust)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds.
No travel required