Equipment Operator at Pennsy Supply, Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittston, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 131085
Pennsy Supply, part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
Would you enjoy working for an industry leader? Are you being challenged in your current position? Look no further, Pennsy Supply has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shift, JSA's, TRACK, etc.).
- Operate various pieces of equipment as assigned such as loader, dozer, motor grader, dirt roller and excavator/breaker, haul truck, skid steer, site truck, etc.
- Perform daily pre-shift safety inspection and maintenance of equipment.
- Fuel and lubrication of equipment daily.
- Service internal and external customers.
- Assist with plant maintenance, breakdowns or general clean-up.
- Load all cold feed bins, customer trucks, haul trucks, etc. efficiently.
- Communicate with plant operator as to what material is scheduled to be produced.
- Communicate with management and plant oeprator when conditions change that will impact loading performance.
- Maintain stock pile and loading areas by keeping the material organized and avoid cross contamination of stock piles.
- Will perform duties within the quarry and asphalt operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years operating heavy equipment or related experience preferred
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the Oldcastle family in 1993. With being a part of the Oldcastle family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disabiity
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.