Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs. • About Nabors • Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician II (Torque Turn Tech II). JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
The objective of the TT Tech II is to be able to run job without supervision and verify the correct tools needed for the job.
• About Nabors
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician II (Torque Turn Tech II).
• Work with the TT Tech Supervisor to validate requirements and verify jobs, equipment and personal.
• Ability to identify and document defects on the system integration, to troubleshoot equipment defects, and to challenge specifications of features, especially if it may be a problem in the field.
• Required to communicate test results to group, and to use expertise to assist both internal and external customers.
• Able to run a job without supervision and is expected to train other team members on procedure concepts and systems
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSES, etc.
• Have good communication skills to communicate the performance of the task with internal and external team mates and able to multitask in a busy work environment.
• Complete all quality documentation while preparing equipment.
• Utilize computer for safety training and goal setting.
• Will be expected to participate in DROPS audits.
• Attend all safety meetings.
• Comply with all Nabors policies and/or policies of customers.
• Maintain a basic knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations.
• QHSE Excellence is our Highest Priority.
• Possess an extensive working knowledge of all types of Casing and Completion Tubular(s).
• Proper maintenance and storage of all task related equipment.
• Review lesson learned from AAR/decision log.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Some Technical School or mechanically based experience desired.
• Oil and Gas experience (1 year)
• HUET Certified
• SafeGulf/PEC Certified
• Must have a solid understanding of facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between the Torque Turn components.
• Must be able to rig-up and rig-down the TT system in the field.
• Previous oilfield experience required.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Safety and service oriented.
• Team player.
• Positive attitude.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently.
• May be asked to operate a company vehicle.
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances. Up to 16 hours.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
• Required to attend and complete all required trainings for the GOM and customer specific trainings.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
• Repetitive motions.
• Will be required to perform job duties in adverse/inclement weather.
• Will be required to be transported to/from a offshore marine vessel
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS