Advanced Manufacturing Engineer at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holland, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control; standards. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency. Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifying actions and quality standards. Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing production processes. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Support the comprehensive continuous improvement philosophy for all YFAI disciplines.
Directly input the Simultaneous Development Team (SDT )through:
- Process Flow and Plant requirements /layout
- Defining Capital Equipment and Specifications
- Facilitate "Brainstorming" of DFAM (Design for Assembly Manufacturing)
- Complete Machine/Process FMEA and manage RPN reductions
- Project Manage the procurement and acceptance of required equipment & tooling
- Ensure initial Engineering assumptions of product manufacturability, relating to equipment and tooling, through a First-Run-Yield (F-R-Y) assessment.
- Support customer part needs through pilot, testing, run-at-rate and PSO
- Ensure a smooth transition to the manufacturing site.
Provide drafts of Operator Description Sheets (ODS) for coordination of operators, maintenance and facilities.
- Continually monitor performance to the budget constraints of the program, reporting any potential deviations to plan.
Review and understand Product Gaging, Packaging Requirements and their impact on the manufacturing process
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering, Plastics or Engineering Technology required (BSME or BSMET or similar)
- Experience in Automotive/Manufacturing
- Candidates must demonstrate solid skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance.
- Mechanical Aptitude and Analytical problem solving
- Work flow, line balance and take time
- Experience with AutoCAD 3+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, advanced manufacturing, process engineering, tooling, or similar
- DOE and data driven studies experience highly desired
- Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement training or experience
- Tier One Automotive interiors experience helpful (not required)
- Candidates must demonstrate technical and project management skills
- Familiar with entire product life including development, launch and production.
- Understands and demonstrates ability to work with and improve documented manufacturing standards.