Asphalt Plant Loader Operator - United Companies, Grand Junction at Oldcastle SW Group, Inc
Posted in Construction 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
City: Grand Junction
Postal/Zip Code: 81505
United Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc.
This position may require evening work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Participates in daily THINK/TRACK meetings plus weekly safety meetings.
· Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
· Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
· Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
· Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
· Keep time and material records.
· Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
· Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
· Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
· May assist Laborer at various job sites as needed. May perform physical tasks involved with laying pipe and utility lines, and/or tasks involved with road construction and laying asphalt, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is preferred.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid driver’s license is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
United Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
United Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.