Shop Supervisor at Staker & Parson Companies
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Job ID: 131190
Jack B. Parson Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Shop Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a specific shop facility to ensure alignment with Regional Equipment Managers vision and objectives with dotted line reporting to local General Manager. This includes management of local technicians, repair processes, safety awareness and an effective preventative maintenance program for the fleet in a defined area.
- Ensure employee driven safety culture is in place and effective.
- Implement and ensure effectiveness of repair processes thru direct performance management of shop personnel and direct management of technicians.
- Review, ensure accuracy and approve hourly technician time entry.
- Find, schedule and guide training programs and needed training for hourly technicians.
- Perform Activity Sampling on all technicians and provide visual management to ensure appropriate production and performance.
- Directly manage all lead personnel and technicians including reinforcement, communication and disciplinary actions where necessary.
- By identifying cost, shop capacity/competency and technician capacity/competency, ensure effective outsourced repairs are determined and managed.
- Ensure all national and local programs established by sourcing are being utilized to their fullest extent.
- Review, manage and approve all purchases prior to purchase by utilizing the Proactis approval process.
- Identify, manage and ensure safe, effective tire program is in place according to National OMG guidelines.
- Consistently and effectively communicate with all Lines of Business and operations to ensure company fleet/equipment needs are being met to ensure maximum availability and production.
- Provide consistent communications thru meetings, email and phone with operations to ensure needed information is delivered.
- Involvement in forecasted work/fleet needs with focus on Total Cost of Ownership to assist company in right sizing fleet levels with understanding from all necessary.
- Ensure effective, timely and urgent repair culture is driven throughout employees to drive customer satisfaction, uptime and productivity.
- Continually work toward OMG Gold Standard shop and equipment guidelines including but not limited to workplace organization, technician efficiency, contamination control and Cost of Ownership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with electronic equipment management systems preferred.
- Experience managing P&L responsibility preferred.
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing would be beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Jack B. Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Jack B. Parson Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.