Graphic Designer at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Graphic Designer for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree; a graphics design degree or other graphics-related qualification is a plus. Relevant degrees and course work include Graphic Design, Liberal Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts, and Journalism/Communications;
- Minimum 1-2 year’s work experience;
- A creative and skilled eye for graphic design and presentation is essential;
- Proficiency in InDesign is essential. The ability to use PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other presentation and graphic tools is critical;
- Individual must be hard-working, take ownership of their work, have a high standard for presentation and preparation of materials, and be an organized professional who is motivated, curious, and excited about architectural design.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com (For external posts only if possible)
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.