Quality Control/Site Safety Officer at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Boulder, ColoradoJob Description:
Olgoonik Diversified Services, LLC, a general construction company specializing in facilities construction, renovation, and repair is seeking candidates for the position of Quality Control/Site Safety Officer. This is a full-time, year-round position with commensurate salary and benefits.
- Administer the Quality Control Program by preparing QC plans and reports, field inspections of work in progress (3 phase inspections), conducting or obtaining material tests, preparing reports, and coordination with government inspectors.
- Be at the work site at all times to perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement.
- Administer the process of providing letters, submittals, shop drawings, schedules, and all other project documentation relative to the CQC program.
- Develop the Project Safety Plan and Accident Prevention Plan.
- Conduct safety training as necessary.
- Coordinate field work with superintendents and project managers.
- Review subcontractor material, approved submittals, and shop drawings and checks the construction for compliance.
- Assure red line (as-builts) drawings are kept up to date in the field.
- May also be required to maintain and administer the company's safety plan and ensure safe field practices.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in construction with emphasis in quality control involving mid to large scale construction projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or construction management is preferred, but extensive experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Must have hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills and be adept in managing multiple construction contracts from concept to completion.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to positively interact with colleagues, client, and subcontractors to achieve mutual goals.
- Knowledge must include understanding of construction methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of administration and management.
- Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production, coordinate people and equipment.
- Strong abilities in coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking, and reasoning skills are required.
- Must have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong-to recognize problems when they occur, and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys, and job specifications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety Class or equivalent within the last 5 years is required.
- The additional following certifications are a plus: Contractor Supervisor (40 Hour training for Asbestos Abatement); Certified EPA/AHERA Inspector; HAZWOPER.
- Corps of Engineers Quality Management for Contractors certificate is required or the ability to acquire it within a short period of time is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.