Manager Performance at BCBSM
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for corporate performance management and corporate goal development. Develops annual and long-term corporate goals. Monitors and understands drivers of corporate performance against goals and additional core metrics. Prepares communications related to goals and corporate performance for appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop annual and long-term corporate goals from framework concepts through metric development through approval by management team and BCBSM Board of Directors.
- Refine and refresh corporate dashboard to maintain relevance.
- Monitor and track performance against annual and long-term goals and additional core business objectives.
- Conduct root cause analysis and determine key drivers of performance including forecasting of future performance.
- Prepares formal presentations for BCBSM leadership and BCBSM Board meetings with updates on performance against goals and other business objectives (e.g., goal development presentations, populate dashboards and key indicators report, etc.)
- Develop, plan and coordinate communication of goals across the organization by working with Corporate Communications and Human Resources.
- Provide guidance and direction to individuals across the organization as they develop metrics, methodology, goal levels, and assess the risks and performance challenges for each of the annual and long-term corporate goals.
- Responsible for follow-up to track and monitor corporate performance against goals.
- Develop and deliver presentations on annual or long-term goals to divisions as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related area.
- Master's degree in related field considered a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in related field including experience in a leadership, coordinator or project manager role.
- Prior experience with performance management in a department or division a plus.
- Proven track record of managing projects and processes with strict deadlines and turnaround times.
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills including the ability to identify and develop appropriate metrics for goals and assess key challenges and risks.
- Ability to analyze corporate data and identify performance threats and challenges to performance.
- Ability to understand and conduct root cause analysis to drill down on key performance drivers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex messages to audiences at all levels including senior leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the business to achieve common objectives.
- Understanding of insurance industry and healthcare.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.