Environment Artist (Temporary) - Treyarch at Treyarch Corporation
Posted in Art 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
We are looking for a top-tier Environment Artist to join our studio. We desire someone who ambitious about their craft and is dedicated to high quality production values. The ideal candidate will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Model and texture realistic, modular, hard-surface and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments using cutting-edge art tools.
- Create realistic materials using physically-based shaders for use on architecture and terrain.
- Proactively work with level layout designers to deliver on gameplay functionality while achieving aesthetic goals.
- Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
- Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Directors and Environment Lead.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to execute a diverse range of environments including hard surface props, weathered architecture, destruction, and organic assets.
- Working experience creating a diverse range of photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials that push the limits of game development hardware.
- Strong understanding of proportions, scale, and surface properties.
- Proficiency at sculpting surface detail using Zbrush, and Autodesk 3D packages to create high resolution models for baking down to game-ready assets.
- Proficiency creating clean and efficient models, proper UV layouts and tiling textures for video games
- Working experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures based on concepts and/or photo reference.
- A good understanding of physically-based shaders and the ability to achieve the desired surface qualities across a variety of environment assets.
- Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
- Skilled at time management and balancing art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- A passion for making great games
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- Experience using Substance Designer, 3D painting packages to paint models, and Photogrammetry.
- Experience assembling and lighting environments in Radiant, Unreal, or a similar level editor.
- Experience creating block-outs for outsourcing.
- Research and develop experience for next generation game development.
- Shipped AAA game(s)
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time. Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty’s popular Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.