Environment Artist - Toys for Bob at Toys for Bob Inc
Posted in Art 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novato, California
We are currently on the hunt for a super creative Environment Artist to join our team and work on our next awesome project. Our ideal candidate will be a very detail-oriented artist with strong problem-solving skills and will do whatever is needed to get a level cleaned up\polished and ready to ship.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Play the game regularly and identify problems
- Edit/adjust/update collision mesh
- Prop modeling
- Fix lots of bugs
- Work on existing levels, cleanup work, optimizing mesh\textures and updating assets in Unreal.
- Polish work on existing levels and models
- Enhance incoming content to match the quality standards set by Art Directors
- Ability to adapt and assume new responsibilities should the need arise.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including maya, 3dsmax, zbrush, Substance, photoshop and Unreal 4
- An eye for quality and strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication along with exceptional people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, and a great team player
- Detail-oriented technical aptitude and strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Continuous learner with an ability to adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
And you’ll really get our attention if have:
- Education focused on 3D art, degree in art production a big plus
- 2-4 years 3D modeling experience in the game industry a plus
- Experience with Substance Painter a plus
- Confluence/Slack experience a plus
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the “Toys to Life” genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!