Financial Systems Manager - Hyperion - Atlanta, GA at Oldcastle Materials Inc
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 131233
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span North America with 22,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 US States and 8 Canadian provinces.
The Financial Systems Manager role will have the primary responsibility of managing the department for the Americas Materials financial reporting, forecast and budgeting software. This primarily involves developing and maintaining existing Hyperion applications, monitoring system performance, in addition to new functional design and development as required, including Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning. This position will have direct reports, therefore it is critical for the candidate to exhibit the ability to manage a department and direct and delegate the duties and roles within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- System Development and Maintenance
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Americas Materials financial reporting systems, including Hyperion financial management and Hyperion Planning;
- Responsible for the ownership of the consolidation framework that ensures accurate consolidation and financial reporting;
- Maintain integrity of chart of accounts and related cross mapping between financial systems;
- Drive ongoing efforts focused on streamlining, improving, and automating processes within the systems;
- Manage Hyperion-based forecast, budget, volumes, and acquisition tracking systems
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate
- Project Management and Delivery
- Oversee and manage the projects and design of the systems implemented within the Hyperion environment
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks for the department
- Drive through challenges in order to effectively deliver on commitments
- Effectively communicate project risks/issues with proposed solutions
- Manage the resources and allocation of the resources available within the department
- Develop and mentor direct reports
- Provide guidance and knowledge to the direct reports on the completion of duties
- Ensure effective cross training of team members
- Ensure process documentation is developed and maintained up to date
- Be a key role decision maker on the solutions required to be implemented within our Hyperion systems
- Troubleshoot system issues occurring within the Hyperion system environment
- Diagnose and resolve issues surrounding the Hyperion system for the users
- Investigate and implement solutions to improvements and efficiencies within the financial system environment
- Liaison between Corporate Finance and the Hyperion Department/IT Department.
- Responsible for Vendor relationship management dealing with the financial systems solutions
- Grow as an integral resource to our corporate finance group and to accounting/ finance personnel throughout our companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Info Science, Engineering, Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years relevant experience working with Essbase, Hyperion Planning or Hyperion Financial Management
- 7+ years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance
- Manage a department of 3+ employees
- At least One full life cycle experience of design and implementation of Planning applications
- Must be highly skilled in Excel and Hyperion or other Multi-Dimensional consolidation software; Oracle Data Integration (ODI), FDM, MS SQL Server experience a plus
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent technical, analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently
- Actively engaged to drive and manage a team towards common goals
- Demonstrates close attention to details and accuracy
- Proactive problem solver able to anticipate issues and provide timely resolution
- Ability to work comfortably in a changing environment
- Able to retain and quickly apply the knowledge learned to the job function
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills to build effective company relationships
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.