LICENSED PLUMBER - Howard University at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Construction 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Reports to: Plumbing Manager
Classification: CBA – Union Rate
Status: Non- Exempt
The Plumber position performs the work of a full service licensed plumber in a unionized University campus. The Plumber will provide services to all University buildings including administrative units, residence halls, and sports complexes. Plumbers are responsible for maintaining the University water supply at all times for the University community.
This position is responsible for performing a wide range of plumbing tasks at a journeyman’s level. The incumbent will assist as well as independently perform other maintenance related tasks as requested.
- Performs daily activities of a full service licensed plumber.
- Interfaces with facilities operations management to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; provides input on local Plumbing conditions, identifies needs and provides proper problem resolutions.
- Ensures Plumbing operations members manage schedule adherence notifying and escalating within the site and within the network as warranted; ensures communication of real-time staffing changes to network operations coordinators.
- Plans and schedules individual work to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate customer service.
- Assists in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for affected Plumbing, systems, water release, filtration devices, and other needs by facilities.
- Prepares reports and analyses indicating work progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions in the Plumbing arena.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activities during systems problems, disasters, etc.; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to local and network management, and participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective mariner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of the company and University promoting its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully formed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conductive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Technical Capacity- Plumbing, filtration, and sewer systems.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This job operates as a field application. This role routinely uses standard plumbing equipment and computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb scaffolding, utilize heavy equipment, work in hazardous environments, and perform duties in inclement weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to shovel snow when needed.
This is not a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position and hours of work and days will be established by the Unit Manager. Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma and 5-7 years previous progressively responsible full service plumbing experience.
- Licensed as a DC certified plumber
- Experience in Plumbing, filtration, piping, tank applications, and other water processing tasks
- Valid driver’s license with minimum points
- Self-discipline and the ability to work alone.
Preferred Education & Experience
Plumbing, pipe laying, tank installation, flotation systems, sewages systems, HVAC
Certified as applicable
- Working knowledge of University Facility Maintenance systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Relevant training certifications in industry topics helpful.
Available 24 hours, on-call for situational opportunities as they may occur on campus.
Ability to work in US.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.