Administrative Assistant I at Metropolitan Water District Southern California
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan's mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan's facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.6 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Metropolitan's Water System Operations Group, has one (1) opening for an Administrative Assistant I available at its Headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
As an Administrative Assistant you will be able to provide administrative support for the Water System Operations Group. Your primary responsibility will be the processing of invoices, correspondence support, calendaring, Board meeting support, field support, act as timekeeper for assigned group(s) and other assignments that may require the use of Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Your attention to detail, customer service, Microsoft Office technical skills and organizational abilities will be demonstrated within this position as you support Metropolitan's Water System Operations Group.
1. Prepares letters, reports, and other documents from rough drafts; arranges material into proper format; and creates basic spreadsheets. 2. Answers inquiries; explains or clarifies rules, processes, and procedures; and provides information requiring general knowledge of institutional operations. 3. Extracts information from a variety of sources and compiles information for periodic or special reports. 4. Processes petty cash requisitions, prepares reimbursement reports, and monitors replenishment of funds. 5. Performs corporate credit card purchases and reconciliations, creates reports, and provides support to other card holders. 6. Maintains databases by entering information from a variety of source documents and determining actions necessary to obtain missing information or to correct information. 7. Files documents, records, and reports; develops, reconstructs, and/or purges files; indexes, locates, and updates records. 8. Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies. 9. May act as timekeeper and assists employees and managers with accurate timekeeping submission; reviews and verifies timekeeping entries. 10. Performs other related Administrative Assistant job duties as required. JOB SELECTION CRITERIA
10% Oral Communication
15% Job Preparation
35% Technical Skills and Knowledge
30% Interpersonal Skills
Education and Experience: A high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalency and four years of relevant experience; or Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and two years of relevant experience; or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Required Knowledge of: Administrative procedures and systems; methods and techniques of data collection and report preparation; and current office technology and equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities to: Make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy; apply business policies and procedures; problem solve; prioritize and multi-task; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work independently and in a team environment; and operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND VISION REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the job duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties.
Physical Demands: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or small parts; driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and residences, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Vision Requirements: No special vision requirements
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent medical, dental, life, vision and retirement plans, including pension plan and 401k (with matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, and more
* Training and advancement opportunities
* On-site fitness center
* Excellent working environment
* Hub of public transportation: rail, subway, buses, and taxis
* Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: http://www.mwdh2o.com/PDF_Careers/benefits.pdf
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. To receive a copy of the complete job description, please send an email to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities may be requested by calling (213) 217-7738 at least 5 working days in advance of the scheduled examination date(s).
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories