Buyer at XPO Logistics Supply Chain Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Everett, Washington
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Buyer II, you will coordinate the purchasing activities associated with supply based performance. You will place purchase orders, monitor supplier performance, resolve problems with delivery of goods and/or services and interface with other functional areas as necessary to assure service level objectives. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Monitor and manage blanket and discrete purchase orders as required
- Monitor supplier performance to minimum/maximum inventory levels and manage the implementation of corrective actions to ensure service performance
- Act as the primary point of contact between suppliers of parts and services and XPO Logistics
- Work with XPO Customer Service and program participants to resolve critical part supply issues
- Manage the Non-Conforming Inventory (NCI) process
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience as a commodity buyer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel
It’d be a great if you also have:
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.