Research Scientist II at Integrated DNA Technologies
Posted in Research 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-CA-Redwood CityCategory Scientific Research
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 13 hours ago
Shift/Schedule M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)
We are looking for a highly motivated product development scientist to join IDT's R&D group. The new team member will participate in IDT's product development activities mainly in NGS and qPCR, to help create cutting edge, robust new products and assays for basic research, agricultural, and clinical applications.
Position Specific Duties/Essential Functions (division/department/group functional differences)
- Develop novel technologies and products used for NGS and qPCR
- Design and execute product development studies including feasibility, optimization and testing
- Participate in the development of applications and protocols
- Accomplishes individual goals and collaborates with other team members to meet pre-determined project deadlines
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Applies knowledge of basic science and employs solid laboratory skills to execute bench experiments using variety of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory techniques as directed.
- Plans experimental details required for execution of assigned work under minimal to moderate oversight.
- Analyzes raw data, reports results and plans the next steps.
- Utilizes mathematical, graphical, imaging, nucleic acid analysis, and other software aids as needed.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of experimental work.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports for internal use.
- Assists in filing invention disclosures and writing manuscripts for publication.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research objectives.
- Interacts with internal departments and IDT customers to assist with customer service/technical support and to advance collaborative research projects as directed.
- Presents information at group meetings as directed.
- Leads or participates in the maintenance of laboratory and equipment
- Represents IDT at scientific conference and trade shows, assists in preparing and presenting scientific posters.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with three or more years relevant lab experience required
- Master's degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with one or more years relevant lab experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with NGS (specifically with illumina sequencing) required
- Experience with NGS product development (particularly for library preparation and targeted sequencing) preferred
- Experience with multiplex PCR or qPCR preferred.
- Experience with design of experiment (DOE) and statistical analysis preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Previous experience with primer/probe design and statistical tools for DOE preferred.
- Good understanding of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis, such as hybridization, amplification, PCR, NGS etc.
- Detailed oriented with excellent laboratory skills
- Strong data analysis and experiment troubleshooting skill
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train others in basic laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.