Director of Business Intelligence at University of Arizona Foundation
Posted in Business Development 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Tucson, ArizonaJob Description:
Director of Business Intelligence
General Position Summary:
As part of a growing and dynamic team, the Director of Business Intelligence (BI) will develop strategies and programs to build and continuously enhance an effective BI program for the University of Arizona's Development Program (UDP). Under leadership of the AVP and in close partnership with the IT team, the director will have primary responsibility for leading the team to support and enhance the UA Foundation's (UAF) reporting services and processes under the framework of the UDP's strategic plan to double fundraising by 2024.
As part of the leadership team of the UDP's Development Services unit, the director will lead an evolving BI program for the UDP to drive data-guided philanthropic activity. The overarching goal for the director is to develop, evolve, and advance the BI program, with a focus on formulating strategies and laying the groundwork for key tactical program areas that include (but are not limited to): reporting, data mining, business performance management, bench-marking, text mining, and predictive as well as prescriptive analytics. The director will demonstrate strong data and reporting knowledge, possess business acumen, model client focus and strong customer service skills, and be a leader and strategic thinker.
Specific Job Skills:
- Team and Self Leadership
- Ability to build, mentor, coach, and lead a team of highly-skilled professionals, including a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of program and staff leadership and developing influence across a matrixed organization.
- Experience in program development, including the development, management, and maintenance of policies, processes, and structures for moving work forward with a collaborative and transparent approach.
- Experience managing Reporting Services or BI projects and teams.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- An exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, with a focus on collaboration and solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with a customer-service oriented approach.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Skill in developing, managing, and adhering to budgets.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of data.
- Data and Technical
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, developments and techniques of providing BI and reporting services in a higher education fundraising environment.
- Experience establishing and/or participating in data and reporting governance processes.
- Understanding of key BI trends, how analytics are being used to enhance philanthropy at peer institutions and/or the willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of creating dashboards and data visualizations in a Tableau environment.
- Knowledge of creating data lists and reports in support of fundraising activity which will display within Blackbaud CRM.
- Knowledge of software applications and databases used in fundraising organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence products including SQL Server, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of higher education fundraising and/or development of constituent relationships in support of higher education.
- Bachelor's degree AND five years of related BI and/or reporting services experience - which includes two years of supervisory experience; OR,
- Seven years of related BI and/or reporting service experience which includes four years directly related experience and two years of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Master's degree.
- Experience and understanding of The Raiser's Edge and/or Blackbaud CRM software systems.
- Experience and understanding of Tableau Data Visualization software.
- Experience developing and implementing analytics-oriented solutions and decision support, including data mining, business performance management, text mining, and predictive/prescriptive analytics.