Utility / Ground Man at Tilcon New York, Inc
Posted in Construction 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Totowa, New Jersey
Job ID: 131310
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
Perform various duties around the facility which include general laboring, equipment operation, plant operation, maintenance and welding.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assist the plant foreperson with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant
- Maintain and operate a Front-End Loader and Skid Steer Loader safely and efficiently
- Access all areas of the plant to perform necessary maintenance and repairs
- Perform welding and fabrication duties as required
- Detect safety hazards equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly
- May be called upon at discretion of Foreman to perform any other duties assigned and / or to assist other departments if necessary
- Follow direction
- Wear a hardhat, safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection and respirator as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School or GED
- Successful completion of MSHA / OSHA Training
- Task training on as needed basis
- Mechanical skills needed
- Cutting and welding skill will be tested
- Must have knowledge of production equipment used in operation
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to perform all duties without a direct threat of injury to the individual or others
- Demonstrate safe, productive job performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel
- Ability to read English or Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Range of Motion
- Climb (ladder or stairs)
- Fine motor
- Repetitive motion
- 0 - 10 lbs.
- 10 – 25 lbs.
- 25 – 50 lbs.
- 50 – 100 lbs.
- Distance vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Works with Others
- Wet weather
- Exposed to noise
- Hot weather
- Cold weather
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.