Plant Electrician / Electrical Technician - Frederickson, WA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Job ID: 128547
Central Premix is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 33 states and 6 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
This role is responsible for ensuring proper electrical functioning of plant equipment and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical malfunctioning and complete appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in the production areas
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Operate mechanical tasks as directed by supervisor
- Prepare maintenance reports for management as directed
- Maintain strict documentation of all plant electrical circuitry
- Provide general lead electrician support
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other facility personnel
- Replace or repair faulty electrical components of machine
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical/electronic equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Program and maintain programmable logic controller based equipment
- Maintain proper stock of tools and electrical parts to perform routine work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate’s Degree or completion of Technical School and Apprenticeship program or equivalent in training, experience and education
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience in electrical support functions
- Advanced knowledge of programming ladder logic and working knowledge of PLC’s
- Must have been employed as a plant electrician or electrician apprentice within the past 18 months
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical operations and components and 70E
- Must have 70E-Arc Flash training
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints
- Working knowledge of three phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, and National Electrical Code
- Ability to lift, push or pull 60 pounds or more
- Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting
- Able to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Central Premix is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Central Premix is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
#60 #CAN #PGCB SNAG2 J2C8