Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer - Atlanta, GA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 131329
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and help us move to next level with our business intelligence, analytics and data warehouse development. Key strategic projects will require collaboration with multiple areas of IT, business analysts, and end users. In addition to this, these projects will range in size from medium to large-scale projects, production support, as well as, include both technical and functional aspects of our environment. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the core concepts of data warehousing and business intelligence reporting and analytics. This is an end to end data solutions delivery position which includes hands on ETL development, hands on report development, data analysis and delivery, and production environment management of delivered solutions.
- Responsible for leading hands on ETL development
- Responsible for adhering to Agile delivery practices
- Responsible for participating in the business requirements gathering process
- Responsible for participating in architecture, data modeling, and overall design sessions
- Responsible for working with testers to ensure quality data results
- Assisting to help develop reports on various platforms
- Responsible for ensuring daily ETL processes execute successfully
- Responsible for leading hands on report and analytics development for a business critical ERP solution
- Responsible for Tableau extract development
- Responsible for production support that includes working on day to day tickets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation
Requirements and Experience
- Three+ years of experience in a dedicated data warehouse or business intelligence development role with a bachelor’s degree or five+ years of equivalent experience in a dedicated data warehouse or business intelligence development role without a bachelor’s degree
Desired Experience & Technical Qualifications
- Two or more years Data Warehousing, ETL Development with Tools such as SQL Server Integration Services or Informatica is a plus
- Two or more years’ experience with Business Intelligence Tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Tableau and its administration.
- Two or more years’ experience with SQL Server or Oracle is a plus
- Expert SQL skills Understanding of dimensional models
- Understanding of data warehousing philosophies and how to implement those philosophies
- Experience working and administrating Data Warehousing Appliances such as Netezza or TeraData is a plus
- Experience leading projects and reporting project statuses
- Experience working with Financial data and calculations
- Experience with Enterprise ERP System Functionality (GL, AP, AR)
- Experience working with various programming languages: C#, Java, etc. is a plus
- Experience in the Manufacturing Industry is a plus
- Experience with Lawson M3, LBI and/or IBM DB2 are a plus
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.