Warehouse Specialist Supervisor - Naval Base Coronado at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Perform full range of supervisory duties in the receipt, stow, and issue of material. Ensure items being stowed meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N. Must be proficient in use of anti-static devices. Provide COSIS/Shelf-Life inspection as required in depot contract agreement. Perform kitting functions and provide cost estimates for preparation of kits. Provide daily work assignment to other storage personnel assigned to work center.
- Assist the Operations Manager in scheduling work, responsible for instructing, and aiding a group of employees.
- Perform evaluations and assist the Operations Manager in maintaining a smooth flow of work and maintain records.
- May be temporarily called upon to act on behalf of a Operations Manager in cases of emergency or absence.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material per DLA regulations. Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices and techniques.
- Must be able to conduct inventory/causative research, read supply manuals, specifications, drawings, and prints.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Conduct Shelf-Life and COSIS actions as necessary and conduct material coordination duties for special programs as required.
- Prepare labels as required.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to DSS and other automated supply systems in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around Hazardous Material.
- Assist the Operations Manager in scheduling work, responsible for instructing and aiding a group of employees.
- Perform evaluations and assist the supervisor in maintaining a smooth flow of work and maintain records.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of college or technical school preferred (may substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- Minimum 5 years general experience
- Minimum 3 years specific experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, quality assurance, or related areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supply inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Knowledge of inventory research techniques for unmarked/defective material requiring identification.
- Proficient in the use of Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated distribution systems used at site. Familiar with MIL-STD 129.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Position requires U.S. Citizenship, a US Government background check and may require a US Government SECRET Clearance.
If SECRET Clearance Level is required, candidate must also:
- Have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance if required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds.
No travel required.
Work is in office and warehouse environment.