Principal Software Engineer at Flex
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hollis, New Hampshire
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionFarm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people’s lives. At Farm, you’ll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world’s healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern, NH, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The Principal Software Engineer will be based in Hollis, New Hampshire. The successful candidate will develop electronic sub-systems, integrate them into custom electro-mechanical systems. The Software Engineer will receive general direction from the Director of Engineering, but work with minimal supervision and is expected to exert independent action and initiative.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Participate in design & development of new software products in compliance with defined processes and industry standards.
- Perform embedded firmware development in C/C++. Development includes driver development for different MPU / MCU platforms and complex algorithms (including control systems).
- Create functional, interface and performance specifications for software subsystems.
- Develop software architecture from requirements.
- Develop software design specifications from requirements specifications and architecture.
- Collaborate with Systems / Hardware Engineering team during development to develop cross-functional solutions.
- Work with project team to integrate software with electronic and mechanical hardware.
- Manage outside suppliers for software engineering services.
- Provide accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Interact with the design and human factors disciplines to develop good processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
- Work with business development teams to help communicate Farm’s software engineering capabilities to prospective clients.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7-10+ years of embedded software development experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in embedded software design including:
- C/C++ programming
- Embedded programming for common microcontrollers such as ARM, PIC
- Use of software tools for embedded applications (compiler, linker, boot loader, debugger, code management)
- Design and development of multi-threaded, modular and efficient embedded applications
- Algorithmic development, motion control, signal processing
- Inter-system communication (SPI, I2C)
- Wired communication (USB, Ethernet, Serial)
- Wireless communication (ZigBee, Bluetooth/BLE, Wi-Fi)
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Strong background in (embedded) Linux internals (kernel, drivers etc.).
- Linux development experience with uBoot, USB Host, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP.
- QNX (or equivalent) development experience with BSP, IPL, Driver, TCP/IP.
- Experience working on handheld or lab devices
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Named one of Fortune’s 2016 World’s Most Admired Companies, Flex, formerly Flextronics, represents a world of innovation, learning opportunities, financial stability, and a strong reputation as environmentally responsible citizens. With extensive experience across virtually all industries, Flex provides complete manufacturing and aftermarket solutions that make our customers more competitive while maintaining the highest quality and reliability standards. We help medical customers become more competitive by bringing innovative products to market faster and at lower costs with a commitment to quality in everything we do.
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.