Forklift / Production Laborer / 2nd Shift - Lilesville, NC at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lilesville, North Carolina
Job ID: 131385
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
As an Oldcastle Production Laborer you will provide general labor support in a covered and uncovered manufacturing environment. An Oldcastle Production Laborer is responsible for the following specific job tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stack product as it comes off the production line
- Clean machinery, maintain the surrounding area, keeping area free of debris
- Use security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Work closely with the lead operator to prepare for shift production and become knowledgeable of the machinery you operate
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Use forklift to transport materials as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Physical requirements include lifting 50lbs repetitively, bending, and standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to follow workplace safety procedures, including machinery lock out, tag out and use of personal protective equipment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.