Driver at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hayward, California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine & spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers! Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing.
Makes product deliveries to customers, perform various customer service functions in connection
with the deliveries, and maintains accurate required documentation.
- Makes product deliveries to customers.
- Accounts for all breakage, overage and shortage.
- Accurately completes required delivery paperwork.
- Follows Company work rules and policies.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not
prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to make deliveries to 20 to 30 customers a day. Average delivery consists of 14
cases per stop, or 300 cases per day.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pound cases of product.
- Valid Class A or Class B driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the past 5 years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Manual lifting and stacking of cases, which constitute the delivery, on the rear of the truck.
- Manual lifting and stacking of cases onto hand truck. A hand truck will hold up to 6 cases of wine.
- Maneuvering of loaded hand truck into customer’s establishment.
- Involves driving, seeing, hearing, sitting, use of work related tools, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, reaching, loading and unloading, repetitive lifting, carrying, climbing, bending, pushing, and pulling tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job ID: 48301
Equal Opportunity Employer