Project Civil Engineer at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Project Civil Engineer with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Has the authority to seal engineering documents, as a licensed professional engineer.
- Expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program or project from conceptual design through construction.
- Is customer focused with a personal drive and reputation for meeting commitments and providing innovative solutions.
- Leads development of proposals, presentations, and cost estimates.
- Manages multi-discipline project delivery; ensures compliance with overall project objectives.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 8-12 years of experience
- Minimum of 4-7 years of management experience (if any)
- PE required
- Computer Skills Required: AutoCAD Civil3D 2017, including the associated applications of Hydroflow, Hydrographs, and Storm Sewers; Arc GIS; proficiency in Revit and Microstation
- Professional Licensure with 8+ years of experience on various site design projects, retail, commercial, and public sector projects, with experience in residential layouts, planning, and engineering.
- Specific design experience required with site layout, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control.
- Familiarity with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations.
- Experience with technical software including AutoCad Civil 3D 2017, Hydroflow StormSewers/Hydrographs/Express Extensions, WaterCAD, and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Team player with willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities and tasks.