Quality Engineer at Triumph Group
Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: West Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
Requisition Number 14650
Location US-CT-West Hartford
# of Positions Remaining 1
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 5
Posted Date 02/27/2018
Category Quality Assurance - All
Security Clearance Required? No
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Electrons and Controls employs approximately 500 personnel. The Company's key products and services include specializing in the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
We are currently seeking an energetic candidate for our Quality Assurance Engineer who will provide quality assurance engineering support to internal and external customers and all departments within the organization. This position will be instrumental in implementing the Quality Assurance strategy of the company to ensure continuous flow of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
This role is very visible within our facility and has the potential to make a large impact on the site.
- Develop and analyze statistical and product/process performance data to recommend and implement improvements in the electronics value stream.
- Provide Quality support with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
- Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation with all the documentation required.
- Includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes, and services, along with continuous improvement of existing product lines.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its customers to proactively assure that needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
- Includes contract review/flow down, the compliance management process, and the implementation of corresponding corrective/preventive actions.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to support continuous improvement activities.
- Develop, implement, and audit inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Facilitate the investigation and elimination of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Participate in all aspects of product development and launch activities.
- Efforts in this area include the identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support requirements, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, development of inspection requirements, and management of costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Quality or another related technical field preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Quality role within a complex manufacturing environment. Aerospace and applicable regulatory authority knowledge/experience desired.
- Must have thorough understanding of problem solving methods, i.e., 8D, root cause analysis, etc., and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
- Knowledge of effective new product development and launch system. Strong knowledge of the associated tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, Characteristic Matrix, Gage Capability, Process Capability, Process Flow, Preventive Maintenance, etc.
- Understanding of standards, implementation, and certification process of Quality Management Systems such as AS9100, ISO-9001, or any other industry-specific standard or regulation.
- Capable of preparing First Article Inspection Reports per AS9100 and presenting same to customers.
- Ability to interface effectively with all departments and levels of the Triumph organization as well as with external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office suite experience required, including expertise in Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20%
- Familiarity with Inspection Expert, Minitab, JDE and/or Teamcenter
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.