Medical Illustrator at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Art 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||INC- Naples, FL (US08)|
Provides technically accurate 2D medical illustrations for all aspects of marketing including brochures, advertisements, surgical techniques, etc. targeted for orthopaedic surgeons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates technically accurate medical illustrations using 3D models and textures. Illustration will be used in Marketing and Medical Education materials targeted for orthopedic surgeons. Materials include surgical techniques, brochures, advertisements, posters, tradeshow graphics, ibooks, etc., based on input of Product Management and Medical Education staff for customer education of products and surgical procedures.
- Assists to create 3D models, animation and textures using computer graphics software
- Evaluates and recommends new methods, materials and equipment for use in medical illustration
- Follows standards and guidelines for consistent corporate identity
- Maintains all files in digital asset management system
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in medical illustration required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
In-depth knowledge of anatomy, medical terminology, and medical illustration principles, and computer graphics software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe CS6/CC) including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. 3D Studio Max experience desired. In-depth knowledge of printing process and attention to detail required. Experience/education in medical illustration using Adobe CS6/CC on Macintosh platform. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities. Effectively follow review/approval process to obtain approvals and signatures for projects. Must meet tight deadlines.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficient Macintosh computer skills. Scanning and digital photography experience helpful. In-depth knowledge of graphic design principles and computer graphics software (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.