Consumer Lending Officer at United Bank
Posted in Other 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Beckley, West VirginiaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2017-3023
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WV-Beckley
Posted Date 2018-02-27
Category Lending (Commercial/Consumer/Mortgage/Retail)
Market/Branch South - Beckley Main Retail
The Consumer Lending Officer will be responsible for rendering decisions on consumer direct and indirect loans and bankcard requests. The officer will also be responsible for developing business relationships with the dealerships in the assigned territory.
- Perform credit and ratio analysis on loan applications within the loan platform system
- Meet assigned loan volume and portfolio outstanding goals
- Cultivate business relationships within the assigned territory
- Within compliance practices and guidelines, authorize and approve loans with value of up to $50,000
- Obtain appropriate approval from an Exception Approval Officer (EAO) on loans over assigned threshold
- Facilitate the collection of assigned delinquent loans as needed
- Ensure all required loan parameters are met on all loans approved
- Serve as subject matter expert in responses to customer and branch question and issues resolution
- Ensure that the objectives of United's CRA program are supported through day-to-day lending practices and procedures
- Perform other duties assigned or requested by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) years Banking/Lending/Professional related working experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products is required
- Previous experience working with loan platform systems is highly desired
- Ability to build excellent internal and external working professional relationships
- Ability to gain quick knowledge of internal systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to multi-task by moving from one function to the next quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Good interpersonal, customer and consultative skills
- Good organizational and follow through skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to present professionally in Manager's meetings and Training sessions
- Ability to perform simple and complex mathematical calculations
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, some travel may be overnight
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Focused
- Sales and Results Focused
- Detail Oriented
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Officers work a rotating schedule for evenings until 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and holidays.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.