Supervisor Maintenance at Universal Technical Institute
Posted in General Business 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Job ID: 3478
Our Maintenance Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department. Upon direction from Leadership, the Supervisor will direct the work for the facility staff and oversee projects. Maintaining the campus with a high level of pride is integral to the success of our students who are looking to change their lives through technical training. The ideal candidate has experience in several of the repair and construction trades such as painting and dry wall repair, plumbing, electrical, welding and HVAC repair. Basic computer skills are needed and experience using fork lifts and Scissor lifts are a plus.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Schedules daily assignments and projects for maintenance personnel based on incoming requests and routine maintenance schedule.
• Determines methodologies and materials needed to complete maintenance jobs.
• Supervises maintenance and repairs of campus buildings, painting, plumbing, electrical wiring and other related maintenance activities.
• Inspect and evaluate completed work projects of maintenance personnel.
• Supervises staffing, training and performance of maintenance department, ensuring that staff is informed of changes that affect maintenance.
• Reviews and approves facilities purchase orders.
• Performs the obligations of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) including data collection and reporting under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act”.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 5 years of experience in building maintenance including a skilled trade required.
• Contractor license preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
• Proficient knowledge and skill in maintenance practices including construction, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and welding.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
• Ability to provide flexible and adaptable work schedules.
• Ability to maintain professional image and work environment.
• Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and follow through on work.
• Intermediate level skills in painting, electrical, plumbing and welding.
• Must be able to use hand tools, electrical test equipment and welding equipment.
• Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday.
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
• Regular business hours with occasional overtime required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.