Ready Mix Truck Driver (Oak Hill) Starting pay up to $21 per hour at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 131469
Wheeler is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Wheeler is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
READY MIX TRUCK DRIVER
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the truck driver position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family!
<span lang="EN" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 107%; font-family: "Arial",sans-serif; mso-ansi-language: EN;">Starting pay will be based on years of mixer experience and is up to $21/hr
Job Description Summary
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to your manager.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
- Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers. When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- MVR must meet company standards.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
<span style="color: black; line-height: 107%; font-family: "Helvetica", sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">3 years of mixer experience required
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.