Dump Truck Driver TN at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Drivers 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Postal/Zip Code: 37914
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
DUMP TRUCK DRIVER
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
The Dump Truck Driver is responsible for the transportation of material such as asphalt, stone, dirt etc., to construction projects and company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of dump trucks. Work will be performed per the Foreperson's instruction.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreperson, Safety Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and make minor repairs such as changing lights, mud flaps and maintain proper air pressure in all tires
- Ability to diagnose BASIC truck issues for direction of maintenance
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage and fuel logs
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle to prevent damage to the equipment
- Must keep vehicle in clean and orderly condition. Job requires cleaning and washing of vehicle
- Must be able to accurately enter load information into a handheld GPS device
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Ability to be flexible with schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and out of town/county or state as required by job location (per diem and lodging provided)
- Must report to the assigned job site and be ready to begin work at the designated start time
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Strict adherance to Company safety requirements and procedures
- Willingness to work in a team environment, assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required or work independently with attention to detail
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
- Thorough operational knowledge and skill of dump truck required
- Ability to use Trakit phone or other electronic devices as required for daily entries and timekeeping
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Physical ability includes lifting 25 to 50 lbs with occasional lifting up to 75 lbs, climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, pulling, driving and shifting gears. Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, talking and hearing. May require sitting for extended periods of time. Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth and the ability to focus
- High school education or GED preferred but not required
- Minimum of a Class B CDL and maintain state requirements of such license. MVR must meet company standards
- Recent dump truck experience preferred
- Must be 21 years in age or older
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
HARRISON CONSTRUCTION, a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market! HARRISON CONSTRUCTION an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
HARRISON CONSTRUCTION an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.