Project Management Specialist at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Annandale, VirginiaJob Description:
Provide travel management services to The Office of Language Services, (LS) for worldwide travel for Language Service Providers, (LSPs), in accordance with mission requirements. This includes travel planning that meets federal guidelines as well as meeting the demands of the individual assignments. The Project Management Specialist will also be responsible for prompt payment of travel costs and reimbursements to travelers and vendors.
- Book assignment travel and travel services for LSPs that are consistent with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Travel Regulations, and applicable State Department and Office policies.
- Provide staff support sufficient to ensure telephone support for LSPs and LS staff to address travel requirements and questions during regular working hours (0815-1700 M-F).
- Provide a process for 24/7 support to effect emergency ticketing and itinerary changes as well as urgent travel requirements that arise outside of regular working hours (nights, weekends, and federal holidays).
- Assist travelers in the submission of their Business Expense Reports and arrange for prompt reimbursement of direct travel expenses incurred in support of their LS assignments.
- Pay travel vendors directly for transportation, lodging, and other allowable travel services provided to LSPs in support of individual assignments, ensuring timely and accurate payments to travel service providers.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation of travel outlays to LS management officials and A/EX/FMD staff.
- Track and report travel outlays in association with LS assignment identifier numbers at project and individual job levels.
- Track and report reimbursements in association with LS assignment identifier numbers at project and individual job levels.
- Supervisory responsibilities are not anticipated.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of professional experience in a related field.
- An Associate's Degree may be substituted for up to one year of professional experience and a Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for up to two years of professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of Concur travel system preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Ability to pass a government agency background check and obtain a Moderate Public Trust Certification level security clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
No travel anticipated.
General office environment.