Class C CDL Driver w/ Hazmat Endosement (1st shift) at Nestor Sales LLC
Posted in Drivers 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Largo, Florida
This position is responsible for driving a truck to deliver product from the Distribution Center to the customers, in adherence with safe driving guidelines.
- Loads product onto truck at the Distribution Center and prepares for delivery. May be required to use power equipment, such as a forklift or pallet jack, to load the truck.
- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Unloads product from truck to customers’ dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
- Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures. Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CDL license required – Class A.
- Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- 2 year(s): class a cdl
- High School or better
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
See job description