Quality Control Technician at Tilcon New York, Inc
Posted in Science 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Hamburg, New York
Job ID: 131511
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
Responsible for performing quality control testing and monitoring of crushed aggregates, recycled materials and hot mix asphalt mixtures produced at assigned location(s).
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Work safely, complying with all OSHA and MSHA regulations and Tilcon environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Sample and perform quality control testing as required by State and local agencies, private, and in accordance with Tilcon procedures ensuring the highest quality materials are being produced.
- Provide test data to plant manager and other plant personnel in a timely manner and work as part of local production team to ensure the highest quality materials are produced.
- Communicate with management and make process and mix adjustment recommendations when necessary.
- Maintain current State agency QC/QA certifications, upholding all aspects of the quality control program staying in compliance with agency specifications and OMG/CRH Code of Conduct requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data base and record logs.
- Support and assist internal customers (sales, construction, estimating, operations and senior management) and external customers by reviewing and providing detail information on material specifications and test results as requested.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Ability to perform repetitive testing in detailed and organized manner.
- High School or equivalent, considered for training program.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree from a college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred.
- Industry experience desirable but not necessary
- NJSAT certified in HMA Plant and Paving Technician preferred
- NYSDOT certified in HMA Plant Quality Control Technician desirable
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and occasional night shifts.
- Willing to travel to various work sites.
- Must be flexible and able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature depending on priorities. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read English language sufficiently to read information contained in specifications, test standards, reports, manuals and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work professionally with other personnel and agency representatives.
- Ability to perform standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Ability to evaluate questions or problems effectively, seeking assistance when needed.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.