Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chamblee, Georgia
We're Hearst Autos and we are going to change the way consumers buy automobiles. With a recognized brand Car & Driver, and the best editorial team in the automotive industry, we're cutting a new path! We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded thought leaders across many disciplines. And, we mean business
The Product Director, Vehicle Search serves as a thought leader and evangelist for all of our dealer product offerings. You will own the roadmap from concept through end of life. You should want to have many varied responsibilities – you will work side-by-side with UX and Technology teams, go on sales calls, meet with clients, coach and develop team members.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Dialed into how consumer shopping behaviors are evolving. How do people want to find their next car? How do they want to engage with the seller? When? What channel/device?
· Full understanding of the vehicle ecosystem. How does vehicle information move through the system? How are vins collected and distributed?
· Design the roadmap strategy. How will we win? Where are our gaps? What’s best for the bottom line?
· Own the go-to-market strategy. What is the product packaging? How do we sell increased engagement?
· Be a leader. Do you have a following? What is your vision? How do we achieve it? How do we share accomplishments?
· Be good with numbers. Define and Manage KPIs: financial, operational, customer behavioral. Can you build a rock-solid business plan? Are we making progress? Are the stakeholders smiling?
· Keep a pulse on the market. What are the market trends? What is the competition doing? How do we drive prioritization and innovation? Which white papers should we publish?
· Love to be on stage? You will give awesome presentations, demos and pitches to clients and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW/NEED TO HAVE:
· Deep knowledge of auto dealer products, auto dealer technology, and media platforms.
· A demonstrated track record of successfully defining product roadmaps and ensuring their delivery.
· Ability to translate market needs to a broad audience to drive the delivery of your plan.
· Ability to speak with Consumers, Customers, Sales and IT and understand what they are saying, and that they will understand you.
· Superb business savvy, strong negotiation skills and excellent communication.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills. You can make sense of DFP, GA and Omniture.
· Comfortable with collaboration tools. Trello? Hipchat? Slack? Yes, please.
· A roll-up-the-sleeves get-it-done self-directed mindset. Entrepreneurs welcome.
· Automotive experience is a must.
· BA/BS required, in Marketing or related technical degree desired; MBA preferred
· 7+ years of proven experience in the development/ launching of products/services
· Extensive understanding of business
· Mix of technology (engineering, product management) and business (consulting, product marketing, sales, and channel) background is ideal
· Excellent instincts, strong business acumen, team leadership skills and experience to bring together diverse views
· Expert knowledge of product development life cycle (relevant experience in all phases).
· Previous management/leadership experience required
· Up to 30% Travel
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
· A fun and collaborative environment with driven team members.
· Exciting projects that allow you to work on, and learn, new technologies.
· Work for an employee focused company that is building a great culture.
· Competitive salaries, 401k, great benefits, and much more.